Please use Deviantart (requires registration). As I get lot of comments these days – and also more spam than ever before- it is hard to keep up with all those incoming messages. If you have something on your mind continue towards My about page for further contact information.
CROSSLINKER FM V.4 (Released 21st of June 2016)
Here is the latest Crosslinker FM release. Version 4 brings new outlook, which now comes partly because CSS integration. There has also been many bug fixes and code cleanups. Version 3 was a development release, which never got released – so that is why Crosslinker skipped a number. Below, are the list of changes version 4 brings.
- CSS integration and style added.
- Layout is redesigned.
- Open file button now uses xdg-open and opens file formats with system’s defaults.
- Supported file formats include: pdf, abw, odt, txt, png, jpg, ogg, mp3, mp4, avi, midi, xcf, mpg, mp2, flw, swf, m4v.
- File menu dropped since it no longer needed.
- Resizing issues are fixed.
- Compress file to zip function fixed and working.
- Button hinting made clearer on folder to zip button.
- Crosslinker is now independent. It does not require Simple-mount or anything from my other projects.
- Toggle view added. See screenshot 3. Note that toggle view assumes you are using sudo. If you use root instead change gksudo entries from #POWER MANAGEMENT FUNCTIONS to gksu
CROSSLINKER FM V.2
PACKAGE DEPENDENCIES Continue reading “Legacy: old Crosslinker FM versions”
Here is my next project ready for users and enthusiastic alike: Runner-Bar.
Runner-Bar is a program designed for quickly launching your favorite programs or files.
The python meta-package should be installed to use Runner-Bar. Depending on your distribution you might also need to install something else. The terminal output usually gives you a pretty good hint what you will need. I would guess that if the python meta-package is not enough in your case then you should (perhaps?) check pygtk related packages.
*Fast and easy to use program written completely with Python
* Open webpage with system’s default browser: https or http.
* Quick words to open certain locations more easily.
* Open files or folders with default applications. For example, if I type, /home/tester/music.mp3 then a file called music.mp3 will start playing with my system’s default app (Vlc).
* Can open folder locations that are typed to the text field. If I type /usr then a location /usr will get opened with the system’s default application.
* Runner-Bar should automatically quit after a command has been typed and enter has been pressed.
* Runner-Bar is uncomplicated, meaning it will process whatever you type. However, if you accidentally type something like xlc instead of vlc and execute the command then program just exits and no harm is done.
*Runner-Bar is completely desktop independent: if you like KDE or Gnome you can use those with Runner-Bar – or then you can be like me and use some lightweight alternative instead – and Runner-Bar will not punish you for it.
Runner-bar also has info and close buttons in it and the program respects your GTK+ theme and icons. Continue reading “Runner-Bar v.0.1 is released”