This guide is for upgrading the PostX Gnu/Linux to 0.7 version. As of 3rd of January 2021 Debian Buster is having some issues with grub-efi and grub.cfg generation. This leads to failures when generating new images. Given the previous, the more manual way of upgrading PostX Gnu/Linux was chosen at this time.
- Disable secure boot before attempting to install (Bios).
- Possibly disable legacy boot (Bios).
- Before proceeding read the section: Know issues – AMD from this document.
To begin get PostX Gnu/Linux 0.6 and install it.
0.6 release notes and guide.
When that is done then proceed with the instructions below. Remember that you do everything with your own responsibility and if things get broken it is your responsibility to fix them. Always backup anything important before proceeding.
Disclaimer: Upgrade changes system structure. Make sure you copy all important configs and customizations before proceeding. If something goes wrong it is user’s responsibility to fix the issues and deal with possible damages.
Notable changes, excluding version upgrades:
– Text editor will change from Metapad to ++Editor.
– ImageViewer is added.
– Quick Terminal is back as primary terminal.
After upgrade, the Openbox menu will be out of date, since programs have changed. See, step 4.
1. Enable repository :
sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list.d/postx.list
Change this section:
#deb [trusted=yes] https://www.techtimejourney.net/postx-current postx main
deb [trusted=yes] https://www.techtimejourney.net/postx-current postx main
2. Upgrade apt sources & install postx-keyring & prepare for upgradeContinue reading