PostX Gnu/Linux package update is done. Changes in update(22th of October 2017)
* PostX Gnu/Linux 0.5 wallpaper set is now complete.(0.5.2).
desktopsets-dark (0.6) Audax; urgency=urgency
* RunIT Browser link(runit) updated to reflect pathway changes.
* .xbindkeysrc entry for runit updated to reflect pathway changes(see /etc/skel/.xbindkeysrc).
* .xbindkeysrc entry for file manager updated –> pointing to Crosslinker FM reboot.
* sfm link points to Crosslinker FM reboot version.
* Sequence FM is is still with the package. Its link is renamed to sfm_real(sfm_real command opens the real Sfm).
* Fixed link permission issues. The content should now be more protected.
postx-openbox-themes (0.5) Audax; urgency=low Continue reading
PostX Gnu/Linux is built from free software. It uses Debian’s main repository together with Techtimejourney’s repository as software sources. I have added contrib and non-free to the sources list of the iso images – just to make it more easier for the users to install what they might need.
This is the final release with Debian Jessie(now: oldstable). PostX Gnu/Linux uses OpenRC as an init system – this trend will continue.
New features / changes since 0.4.3: Continue reading
PostX Gnu/Linux 0.4 has arrived as 32-bit and 64-bit releases. If you are using the older PostX 0.3 release I will recommend that you do a fresh install to 0.4. Changes made are quite considerable when it comes to optimizations and general stability. 32 bit image size is about:559 megabytes and 64 bit size is about: 545 megabytes.
This is also a transitional release, which means that in most scenarious the 0.4 release should survive migration to Debian Testing or even to Debian Sid base. PostX 0.4 repository along with sources and few extra programs will be uploaded within a few days. 0.4 repository will replace the older 0.3 repository. Continue reading
Here is a short update about PostX 0.3 development.
* Slim display manager is coming back with a new theme.
* PostX 0.3. will use Bluez 4 (if possible) so that the Bluez-alsa connection does not break. Bluez5 currently has no support for Alsa.
*Miimo compression tool will get fixed. While the fixes have already been done I will do some testing before I release the fix.
* Currently I am writing a new file manager. I decided to name this project as Crosslinker FM. The file manager is written in Python and will hopefully be done in about 1,5 months or a lot sooner. I am also considering about writing a GUI version of Miimo compression tool, which I would include and later integrate to Crosslinker FM. Continue reading