Disclaimer: You use PostX Gnu/Linux at your own responsibility. The author of techtimejourney.net (JJ Posti) or any other party is not responsible if any kind of damage or harm will occur . NO WARRANTY is given and the user therefore agrees to use this software at his/hers own risk.
PostX Gnu/Linux 0.5 RC has been released and is based on Debian Stretch(current stable). In the end I decided to stick with Debian base because transitioning into a new base takes a bit longer than I originally aspired. This image is a release candidate. The final 0.5 image will arrive in a near future. Download PostX Gnu/Linux by clicking this link or any other link found on this page. Continue reading
PostX Gnu/Linux package update is done. Changes in update(22th of October 2017)
* PostX Gnu/Linux 0.5 wallpaper set is now complete.(0.5.2).
desktopsets-dark (0.6) Audax; urgency=urgency
* RunIT Browser link(runit) updated to reflect pathway changes.
* .xbindkeysrc entry for runit updated to reflect pathway changes(see /etc/skel/.xbindkeysrc).
* .xbindkeysrc entry for file manager updated –> pointing to Crosslinker FM reboot.
* sfm link points to Crosslinker FM reboot version.
* Sequence FM is is still with the package. Its link is renamed to sfm_real(sfm_real command opens the real Sfm).
* Fixed link permission issues. The content should now be more protected.
postx-openbox-themes (0.5) Audax; urgency=low Continue reading
PostX Gnu/Linux is built from free software. It uses Debian’s main repository together with Techtimejourney’s repository as software sources. I have added contrib and non-free to the sources list of the iso images – just to make it more easier for the users to install what they might need.
This is the final release with Debian Jessie(now: oldstable). PostX Gnu/Linux uses OpenRC as an init system – this trend will continue.
New features / changes since 0.4.3: Continue reading
PostX Gnu/Linux 0.4 has arrived as 32-bit and 64-bit releases. If you are using the older PostX 0.3 release I will recommend that you do a fresh install to 0.4. Changes made are quite considerable when it comes to optimizations and general stability. 32 bit image size is about:559 megabytes and 64 bit size is about: 545 megabytes.
This is also a transitional release, which means that in most scenarious the 0.4 release should survive migration to Debian Testing or even to Debian Sid base. PostX 0.4 repository along with sources and few extra programs will be uploaded within a few days. 0.4 repository will replace the older 0.3 repository. Continue reading