Sequence FM Copyright (c) 2017 JJ Posti
This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY;
for details see: http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html.
This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under
GPL Version 2, June 1991″)
Sequence FM 5.0 arrives. This filemanager is made with Python3 and QT5. It intends to be a simple and lightweight.
On Github: https://github.com/postman721/Sequence-FM
Currently functioning features include:
- Terminal command support in addressbar: You can, for example, type firefox and it will start after you press Enter and then press Control from your keyboard to execute.
- General addressbar funtionalities: Showing current location and navigating to current location via addressbar.
- Open file with application functionality.
- Make a new text file functionality.
- Make a new folder functionality.
- Object renaming is supported.
- Open archive, compress an object or extract an archive is supported via file-roller integration.
- Right-click menu: Almost all the above functionalities have been placed inside the right-click menu of Sequence FM.
- Preliminary shortkey support: Delete button of a keyboard will launch object deleting functionalities. Control button will execute terminal command from addressbar – after first validated with Enter keypress.
Error handling inside Sequence FM has been improved – to avoid accidental crashing-
To use Sequence FM you should have, at least, these installed (Debian base as an example):
sudo apt-get install python-pyqt5 python python3 file-roller
Default locations: You can place Sequence FM in any location. I recommend /usr/share/sfm.py
If needed make python files executable: chmod +x filename.py
Run with: python filename_location.py
About delete, copy and moving functionalities.
I decided to keep this filemanager as unix like as possible. As I prefer terminal commands, I left out move,copy or removal commands. I believe those are best served via terminal client. See here for more: https://www.techtimejourney.net/essential-terminal-tricks-you-should-know/