The time has come to leave Debian as a distribution base. My choice is Fedora for the following reasons:
– RPMs are clean and provide a nice structure.
– Latest tools and versions, which is important when coding.
– Systemd that actually works without any weird issues.
– Good package selection and very good driver support.
– Clear standing on free software, which I find to be very good.
– Dependencies are managed better and more robustly in the RPM world. Continue reading
PostX Gnu/Linux package update is done. Changes in update(22th of October 2017)
* PostX Gnu/Linux 0.5 wallpaper set is now complete.(0.5.2).
desktopsets-dark (0.6) Audax; urgency=urgency
* RunIT Browser link(runit) updated to reflect pathway changes.
* .xbindkeysrc entry for runit updated to reflect pathway changes(see /etc/skel/.xbindkeysrc).
* .xbindkeysrc entry for file manager updated –> pointing to Crosslinker FM reboot.
* sfm link points to Crosslinker FM reboot version.
* Sequence FM is is still with the package. Its link is renamed to sfm_real(sfm_real command opens the real Sfm).
* Fixed link permission issues. The content should now be more protected.
postx-openbox-themes (0.5) Audax; urgency=low Continue reading
PostX-programs package is upgraded to version 1.6.
Existing PostX Gnu/Linux users should open a terminal and do a regular package upgrade:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
Below, a list of changes and upgrades that took place. Continue reading
There will be a package upgrade coming for PostX Gnu/Linux. The upgrade takes place during the 31st of August. At least, the following programs will appear upgraded:
Runner-QT (to version 3.0.1).
Vol2X-Reloaded(to version 2.0.1).
Power Manager-QT(to version 6).
Very likely to appear(but not completely certain): Continue reading