PostX Gnu/Linux page on Techtimejourney is now pointing to AWS. The new page was built with Python Flask framework and is more optimized than its ancestor, which can still be found here.
On other news, PostX Gnu/Linux 0.6 packaging is about to begin. I hope to complete repository upgrades in a few days. After that it is all about compiling things together. I am still hopeful that PostX Gnu/Linux 0.6 will be done and released before the end of 2019.
Added notice. Also the About section has now been moved to AWS.The old About page is still available at: https://www.techtimejourney.net/about/
Added notice 2: Programming projects page is also now served via AWS.
The old page is still available:here
Techtimejourney will still continue to serve content as https and on AWS side https is also a future plan to undertake during 2020.
PostX Gnu/Linux RC2 is finally here.
First a screenshot
Size of the iso is 612 megabytes and it is only amd64. Remember to press Winkey + x to get the list of supported shortkeys.
Here are some of the notable changes that happened: Continue reading
The time has come to leave Debian as a distribution base. My choice is Fedora for the following reasons:
– RPMs are clean and provide a nice structure.
– Latest tools and versions, which is important when coding.
– Systemd that actually works without any weird issues.
– Good package selection and very good driver support.
– Clear standing on free software, which I find to be very good.
– Dependencies are managed better and more robustly in the RPM world. Continue reading